Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

Hello. I'm considering a quit claim deed to transfer my house to my two adult children. My deceased wife's name is still on the house. Can I in one filing:

1) have my wife's name removed from the deed?

2) have my two adult children added?

3) have my name remain on the deed?

Thank you.


Asked on 7/15/13, 12:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You deed the house to your children. You'll need to have your wife's death certificate. Then a new deed. That said there are some tax issues that make what you want to do a bad idea, So before you hit Legal Zoom. Go ask a real lawyer to advise you of the income tax ramifications among anything. You can do it but check with a lawyer to figure out how to do what you want and not get whacked with taxes.


Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 1:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now