Legal Question in Traffic Law in Pennsylvania

got 4 tickets based on witness reports after accident

i was driving down the road and a lady did not obey a stop sign, attempted to turn left across my path of travel, i moved to avoid her but she kept moving through her turn and we hit. I was issued: a reckless, careless, improper passing and driving at safe speed ticket. i pleaded not guilty. these four tickets were based solely on witness reports, and possibly the police report which stated i was going a minimum of 66 mph in a 40. in court, does the officer have to have the witness in court for their story to be accepted? and what is the best way to go about defending myself? thanks in advance.

Soleiman Raie Joel Every & Associates

Re: got 4 tickets based on witness reports after accident

any police reports that are not backed up by the eye witness through testimony is inadmissable as hearsay. i would hire an attorney to make the proper objections and try to win the case (so long as the so called witnesses dont show up since all they would have is the cop's testimony). Call for a free consultation.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania