Legal Question in Immigration Law in Rhode Island

I was overstayed on travel visa, and married on Green Card Holder. 9 years I have been living in the marriage, but my husband don't want and cannot pass exam for American citizenship because of his behavior and tickets. I don't know how to get legalization; I live like a slave. I cannot go to study, work, and get drive license. I want take a divorce with him but I'm afraid of deportation. What should I do?

Asked on 8/27/12, 6:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Seeta Nangia Law Offices of Seeta Nangia
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If there is abuse in the relationship, you may be eligible for VAWA relief which will allow you to eventually get a green card. You should speak to an immigration attorney at a local nonprofit organization to discuss your options.

Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.

Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law

Phone: (415) 273-9123

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 8/27/12, 7:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Rhode Island

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now