Legal Question in Personal Injury in South Carolina

If I had a car accident where the driver was at fault, how long do I have to sue the other driver? What can I collect from him? I have police and medical records.

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Wow. That is a huge question. Its a very intelligent question, but its huge. I have been handling those cases for 20 years and I can tell you that every case is different. Every set of circumstances where the other driver caused the accident, and everybody has different injuries.

There is a lot that can go into one of those law suits, including but not limited to the type of injuries, how serious they are, if they are permenant, if you will have future medical bills, where on your body you were injured, your age, if you have a family, the types of insurance available, what kind of evidence exists, and so on and so on. We consider everything imaginable to maximize the claim. I can give you a pretty good guess if you call. I can then ask you the questions I need answered and take the information you give me and convert it into a dollar value.

As far as how long you have so sue, unfortunately, that too can depend. Normally its 3 years from the date of the accident. But it can also be 2 years if its a State or other sort of government vehicle or driver. That too really requires more information.

If you want to call, I can fill you in on the whole thing. I can probably handle the case for you as well if your interested. We do these on a split called a Contingency. The client gets more than the attorney. The incentive is simple. The more money the attorney gets for the client, the more money the attorney gets. But the added advantage is the insurance companies do not have a lot of fear by people who do not have lawyers as they think that you don't have the skills to file a law suit and take the case to court. They can become scarred of attorneys and that will usually get them to pay more money. But the call is free and its totally up to you.

Robert J. Johnston

Myrtle Beach, SC

Phone: 843-946-0099

Email: LawyerSC@aol.com

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in South Carolina