Tennessee  |  Criminal Law

I got caught shoplifting for under $15. I was charged with petty theft and resisting arrest. I have no idea where he even got resisting arrest. I have never been in trouble before I was in a panic, because he came off very aggressive. I told him I wanted another officer there, because he was frightening me so much I could not think straight. I lied about having the stolen goods when I believe I would have handled the situation differently if he was not so frightening. He told me he didn't care because I was not honest, I can tell a judge and then shoved me hard against the car while putting the handcuffs on very tight. ( I requested twice he loosen them before he would agree.) I honestly just want this to be over. I plan to plead guilty for petty theft, while taking full responsibility for my wrongdoing (It was a stupid mistake), but I'm pleading not guilty for resisting arrest.

My Questions are: Can I request a diversion on the shoplifting alone, if I plead not guilty for resisting arrest?

What am I looking at as far as punishment for petty theft?

What would better my chances of getting unsupervised probation?

How fast can I pay off supervised probation to transfer to unsupervised?

What kind of punishment could I get if they wrongfully convict me of resisting arrest?

Without resisting arrest, how much could this cost me. Of course I know it varies, looking for general estimates?

Lastly, Will I have to go back to court for pleading not guilty on resisting arrest?