Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Tennessee

What does this actually mean; 'Your attendance is invited and your faliure to appear could result in the relief being granted ex parte.'

I received a letter from an attorney representing another attorney (both of the same law firm) who is the executor of my father's estate, the letter informed of filing/presenting the judge with a MOTION TO CONFIRM SALE AND TO DISTRIBUTE FUNDS and seek relief sought therein. It then states; Your attendance is invited, and your failure to appear could result in the relief being granted ex parte. The letter came with proof of service and a copy of the motion.

Santosh Dash Legal Consultant

it means- in case you will not attend, the judgement will be given on hearing from the other party and we will not be entitled to object at a later time. it is optional for you

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Tennessee