Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

Filed chapter 7 pro se in Texas. Was waiting for letter from trustee regarding needed documents. Found out too late that I was to submit in advance. Sent them late but Post Office lost package. Creditors meeting is Tuesday. Am I looking at a dismissal? Also, if I choose not to reaffirm a debt I filed to affirm, what do I need to do? Thanks

Greg Wiley Law Office of Greg Wiley PLLC

You should get needed counsel. Bankruptcy has too many moving parts to get answers in a question such as this forum. You will probably not get dismissed but the trustee does not need to send a letter. When you file Pro Se, you are held to the same standard as an attorney. Some bankruptcy can be done Pro Se but it is never a good idea. Most people who get through the process Pro Se say they would have been better off getting counsel.

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms