Texas  |  Bankruptcy

I'm filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. I have a few questions.

1. Regarding my income I'm currently unemployed due to a disability so my current income is 0.00. But I expect to have my Long Term Disability in place within 2-3 months. My question is should I include this expected income? My wife's income is very low through self employment. We have only one vehicle a new 2013 truck and we want to keep it and keep making payments on it. We are not behind. But I was concerned if my disposable income is negative if they might not let me keep the truck? We are currently living with relatives until we can get another place to save money.

2. One of my creditors was for a personal loan. They originally asked me to list some household items and electronics to secure the loan. Later when I borrowed more money I put up a used car for collateral and they have a title lien on it. I plan to surrender the car to them. My question is should I list this debt now as unsecured? Would I need to file a motion for the household property? We no longer have most of this property they had listed.

3. Do I need to list Student loans? Mine is in deferment and will be changed accordingly when my disability starts.