Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

My lender will not complete a reaffirmation on my vehicles since I filed chapter 7 pro se, what are my options?

Asked on 8/05/13, 2:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

reaffirmation agreements are voluntary. You cannot force the lender to offer one.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/13, 7:29 pm
Andrew Nichols Law Office of Andrew B. Nichols
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You could hire an attorney (my firm for example) and complete the reaffirmation with the assistance of an attorney. There are sections on the reaffirmation that the creditor wants completed by a bankruptcy attorney. Otherwise you can continue to make your payments on the car loan and it might not ever become an issue for you. You can email me at [email protected] or call (214) 999-1313.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/13, 8:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now