Legal Question in Business Law in Texas

Resignation of LLC Manager

I signed Form 409 Articles of Amendment adding my name as a manager to a single-member LLC in Texas. There is no operating agreement and no enforceable contract between us. Since then, I have tried to sever my relationship with the LLC and the member, but the member refuses to file with the secretary of state to remove my name as a manager. I also found out today that the original articles state that it is a member-managed LLC. Since I am receiving no cooperation and the member is being hostile and harassing me, is there unilateral action I can take that would completely sever my ties with the LLC and the single member? I resigned because the single member did not disclose important facts about the status of the company and I have reason to believe that the LLC has committed fradulent acts and is in debt, for which I had no part in and do not wish to be held personally responsible for. I was advised by the Sec. of State and a lawyer to file Form 403, Certificate of Correction to delete the provision that added me as a manager. They said that since I was listed as a manager, I had a right to do so. Any thoughts greatly greatly appreciated.

Peter Bradie Bradie, Bradie & Bradie

Re: Resignation of LLC Manager

You were advised both by a lawyer and the Secretary of State's office. What more do you want? Do what they suggested. That's how you correct the record.

More Business Law questions and answers in Texas

Business Law Legal Forms