Texas  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/26/06, 4:07 pm

illegal stop payment on post-dated cheque

I sold my car to a person and he gave me 2 cheques:one or 3000 and another for 1100.He gave me a post-dated cheque for 1100 saying he doesnt have enuf money in bank.When I deposited the 1100 cheque bank gave me the money but later debit it saying it did not clear.The buyer told me he did that since the car is not good.

Can I do anything about it?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search