Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

check collection

This is in reference to a bounced check I wrote and owed the 37.50 for . I recently paid the collection agency the debt and they have cashed the check. I then got a call from a supposed lawer wanting me to send them 135.50 because the case had been turned over to them. Can they take me to court over that amount? Even if I have already paid the collection agency?

Asked on 5/22/03, 2:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Peter Bradie Bradie, Bradie & Bradie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: check collection

Sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Let the lawyer know that you've settled the matter with the collection agency, and that they'd cashed your check in settlement.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/03, 3:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now