Texas  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/19/11, 6:37 am

I received a letter from a collection agency for a doctor bill in the amount of $534, I have not been to this doctor since 2006 or 2007 and I have not been receiving any bills from the doctor, the collection letter is demanding full payment within 30 days, I only have $1087/mo to live on and cannot afford to pay in full. Should I contact the doctor's office and see if I can set up some type of payment plan with them. If they had been sending me a bill I would have been paying a little along. Can I send the doctor's office a small payment without contacting them about it first? I barely scrape by and just cannot afford to pay this type of money all at once, it will be a strain to make small monthly payments. I found an old check stub and I had sent them $10 in Sept. 2007.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search