Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

i have to many blanks open .i am trying to get my felony expunged .so far i have written a letter with as far as i know all subject matter needed .please detail me what i need to do .this is a P.O.C.S. back in 2000.did my time and not arrested since.this has hindered me on jobs .how do i get expunged .I HAVE NO MONEY FOR DOCUMENTS.barely to stay alive .need to find a good job and this is stopping me from that please let me know asap .appreciate your time .thanks scott

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

You can only expunge records on cases that were dismissed or charges for which you were found not guilty. You must file a petition for expunction in civil district court and pay the filing fee and expenses to have the various parties notified. If you "did [your] time" this means no expunction and no nondisclosure (which is for completed deferred adjudication probations.)

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA