Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Can a person file an actual innocence claim for a lack of a grand jury proceeding? Can you find a case law/statue that would show a clear and convincing evidence of actual innocence?

Asked on 7/26/13, 12:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Grand juries do not hear cases; they only decide if there is sufficient evidence to cause someone to go to trial. EVERY felony case must be presented to a grand jury unless the accused waives the action. There is no "actual innocence" claim as applies to a grand jury proceeding.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/13, 11:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now