Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Your Question: "My 16 yr old went to juvinelle court for tobacco possession. The case is ongoing, an my child has turned 18. Does this case stay in juvenile court, or would it be regular municipal court? And is there something the court has to do to transfer courts? Also in the meantime, we have discovered the ticket has been altered after my child signed it. The wrong code was written on the ticket so the officer changed it after having ex parte conversation with the judge. There is a new judge now and she is more worried about the wrong doings of the court than serving justice. What should be done or is there any Texas statutes that will support is?"

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

A ticket for tobacco possession is not prosecuted in juvenile court but in municipal or JP court. There is no reason this case should be going on this long, and there is no avenue by which to transfer the case anywhere. Hire a lawyer.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas