Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Can my father take my kids from me? In a texas contract he is not allowed to be near them without my mother being present. They got a divorce and he moved to another state(Colorado, we live in texas) Now he is saying he is getting a lawyer to get them.

Asked on 10/25/13, 5:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is highly, highly (almost to the point of zero) unlikely that your father will get anything to do with your kids. If you are in Texas and your kids are in Texas, then Colorado has zero jurisdiction over the kids. Zero.

Read more
Answered on 10/26/13, 7:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now