Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/09/03, 12:03 pm

should i file sole custody to keep her from taking the kids out of state

She is planning on taking the kids out of state-I never signed or agreed to any of this. What can I do to keep my kids here. I don't care if she leaves, so should I file sole custody or if I file joint would she have to stay in state for the precedings-she cheated on me and left me. Who has the upper hand? Can I just take the kids and not give them back? Isn't possession 9/10ths of the law?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search