Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My son is 17 and has two more years of school left. His father has custody and has been visiting me for the summer. His father told him when he comes home for me to wait outside because my son is not going to like what he has to say and will probably want to leave. The problem I have is that his father will not give me custody and would just file charges against me saying I never brought him home. What do I do??

Asked on 8/21/13, 2:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Bruce Zivley Bruce C. Zivley, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since your son is 17, he can have a voice as to where he would prefer to live. I would be glad to visit with you concerning your options if you would contact me directly

Read more
Answered on 8/21/13, 2:45 pm
Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Attorney Zivley. You can file to modify custody. You can ask the judge to interview the child in chambers & talk to the child without anyone present. The judge wants this child to graduate from high school.

The child can record the conversation with his father and play it for the judge. Go to radio shack or somewhere and buy a small, cheap recording device. They are digital these days & easy to operate.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/13, 3:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now