Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

Mexican lawyer - can he get a job in the US?

My brother is a lawyer. He received his degree in Mexico City and had a small law firm in Mexico for the last 3 or 4 years. Is there a way he could get a job in the US (and perhaps obtain his certificate in the US?) If so, what type of jobs are available ? Thanks for your help !

Asked on 5/11/06, 6:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Husna Alikhan Alikhan Law Office, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Mexican lawyer - can he get a job in the US?


If he obtains a job offer and meets State licensing requirements, than he may apply as an H-1B. However, he will most likely have to apply as a student first to upgrade his law degree in order to be eligible to sit for the Bar examination for any state in the USA. To schedule a consultation, please contact [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 5/12/06, 12:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now