Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

Labor Law Question

I am working for an employer that makes us all punch in/out on the time clock & docks us for going to the restroom. We get paid every two weeks; if we have used 16 minutes in going to the restroom in two weeks of work (which is 6 days/week) the manager rounds up the time to the next quarter, which in this example would be .50 minutes you are docked on your paycheck. Reason being when I was hired 3 weeks ago, was told ''it only took a few rotten apples to spoil it for everyone.'' I have been in the workforce 34 years, working in factors all the way to corporate postions. Even in working for an employer in which one had to use a time clock I have NEVER been docked, had to punch in/out just to go to the restroom. I could see them doing this to make sure your not abusing your time & taking 5-8 minutes for a bathroom break; BUT DOCKING YOUR PAY? Is this legal?

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Re: Labor Law Question

Of course it is probably legal..organize a union and get a contract..

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms