Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

My niece's husband quit a job recently. He had a non-disclosure agreement with the company. He is now working as a self-employed contractor. Today he received a letter from a lawfirm demanding that he stop sharing his former employer's information and giving him one week to affirmatively state that he is doing so. He's not sharing information with anyone. It seems to me that this is simply an intimidation tactic. They don't have the funds for an attorney at this time. What should he do next?

Asked on 12/02/12, 2:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

First, he should contact me. He cannot have another person dealing with an Attorney as he needs to do that. Second, you list a zip code in Maryland. I am a Texas Lawyer not a Maryland one. Practicing law in another jurisdiction is a criminal offense so I can't help him if he is not a Texas resident and located near Houston, TX. Maybe he should repost the inquiry.

As to representation, many Attorneys would look into that and likely send a response letter to the Law firm for $150-$300. If he can not afford, I fail to see how he would be a threat to his last employer. Just have him contact me by email if he wants real Texas legal advice from a real Texas lawyer. Thanks.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/12, 2:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now