Texas  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/13/13, 7:14 am

who do I contact for colonoscopy perforation and misdiagnosis of pain for 10 days in texas

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/13/13, 7:33 am by Roger Merrill

You can contact an attorney practicing medical malpractice. Note that these claims are difficult and expense to pursue. Accordingly, most attorneys are reluctant to take them unless the liability is clear and/or the damages are high. Perforation is a risk with colonoscopies, especially with older patients. It may not be malpractice. To establish malpractice, you will have to get a copy of your medical records and then have a doctor, who does colonoscopies, review them to determine whether the care you received was below the standard of care. So, it will probably require more than $1,000 or $2,000 to see whether or not you have an arguable claim. Most attorneys will not be willing to risk such $, unless the potential reward justifies it. The responsible doctor will say its not malpractice and his insurance company will have an expert to back him on it.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Merrill & Associates 1770 Saint James Place, Suite 410 Houston, TX 77056

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search