Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

affadavit of heirship

I inherited a house from a friend, a widower, and I want to sell. the couple died childless. the wife was from europe. the title company won't accept the letters of testamentary that the probate judge awarded and requires the affadavit with two witnesses. The wife had no will and the title company is afraid of being sued, as they don't take my word that she had no children either. i am also the executor who can buy and sell property with the letters testamentary. what can i do? i have a legal will, too, drawn by military lawyer. closing of property sale is on or after July 16.

Asked on 6/25/08, 11:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: affadavit of heirship

How did you inherit the property if there was no will? To whom were letters issued?

Read more
Answered on 6/26/08, 12:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now