Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas


The question that I have is in the area of assigning real estate property to another buyer. I have found a good deal on a property, I am willing to sign a contract to take ownership of the property. However, I plan on assigning this property over to someone else before the closing. So in a sense I never actually own the property, I would just act as the middle man to help out another person get a good deal for my efforts and receive a small profit. Is this legal in the state of Texas? If so what contract form is acceptable between the seller and buyer ? Please help. Thank you.

Asked on 3/12/13, 8:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph A. McDermott, III Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Based on the limited facts you present, this appears legal -- unless you have some sort of relationship to the seller or ultimate buyer where you owe him a duty of loyalty. You need language in the original contract allowing you to assign it. This deal is too complicated for you to handle without a lawyer, unless you're experienced in real estate transactions.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/13, 8:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now