Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

can a privet seller back out of selling their home to a privet buyer after signing a purchase agreement?

I signed a contract to sell my home. No agents were involved. The Buyer for 3 months had been waiting a loan approval. The contract was signed with a closing sale agreement to be on or before "Pending Bank". Now the buyer informs me there loan has been approved, Yet I must wait for bank to inspect my house before the buyer will pay. I have aloud the buyer in my home 4 times for inspections to evaluate there added after buying expenses. I've been turning down many higher cash offers to help the buyer, I do not wish to be a "blank", I've been trying to sell this buyer so I can relocate for better employment. If they do not hurry as they claim there loan was approved. Can I give the buyer there ernest money back and sell to another party with cash offer if the price is same or higher?

Texas seller

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

This shows the value of professional realtor..with whom u could have negotiated a fee....IMHO your buyer has control and u are probably stuck with contract ....as the cost of a lawyer would be necessary to get out of the contract...if possible

Joseph A. McDermott, III Attorney at Law

It all depends on what the contract says. You should have it reviewed by a lawyer.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas