Texas  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/21/13, 8:42 pm

I have a will from my dad and it has almost been 4 yrs since he died. i cannot afford to have it probated. the will states that no action be taken in the probate court other than to admit this will to record. can i file the will somehow and avoid probate? the house i am trying to transfer the title into my name is only worth 19000 so it is a small estate. i am currently living in the house and i want to continue to live here and put the house in my name. but i have a will so i cant file small estate affidavit??

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search