Legal Question in Family Law in Utah

My ex husband collects disability every month and our 2 year old son receives a benefit as well for his support. My divorce decree states that my sons full amount is to be paid to me every month but my ex refuses to do so. How can I get the benefit sent to me?

Asked on 9/04/13, 4:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cory Wall Cory R. Wall, Attorney at Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I would suggest that you take a copy of your Decree of Divorce to the Social Security Administration to prove that you are the custodial parent of the child, in which case, they should be directing your son's benefit amount directly to you.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 10:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Utah

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now