Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Virginia

Had a handyman do some work on my house. Did not sign the estimate or give him money up front. He has not finished the job, plus has paint on siding, & other un-workmanship issues. He also brought his wife to work with him and had her doing some of the work. He has continuously lied about issues and has no intentions of finishing the job. Are we obligated to pay for any of the services since they are not finished since they now require someone else with the skills to do work properly? What can we do at this time?

Asked on 10/19/13, 7:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Refuse to pay and await the possibility of your being sued when

you can then offer the above issues you've mentioned in your

defense and any others that may be appropriate for this


Read more
Answered on 10/20/13, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now