Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

If I was an attorney could I represent my son in a criminal case

Asked on 9/22/11, 12:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Randy Lang,J.D.,Atty. Office of the Prosecutor SCAT
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes,if you were a licensed attorney or otherwise admitted to practice law in the state or territory or other area admitted you could represent your son in a criminal case.

However,you may not be competent enough in the criminal areas of concern or impartial and objective enough because of the Family relationship and/or you may have a Conflict of Interest depending on the situation. I strongly recommmend hire an experienced independant criminal law attorney to represent your Son.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/11, 12:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now