Virginia  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/06/13, 3:59 pm


My fiancÚ's ex-husband just pulled up in front of our driveway and would not allow us to leave. We called the police and they wrote him a minor traffic ticket for blocking the driveway. They said they couldn't arrest him for trespassing since they did not witness him doing so, although he admitted to it and admitted to being told not to come on our property. My question is that when someone keeps you against your will by intimidation and blocking us in, doesn't this break some sort of major law like kidnapping or some other code? I live in Virginia and am tired of being harassed by him. Thank you for your time!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search