Virginia  |  Criminal Law

Internet sting operation

My fience has be arrested for sexually solicitating to a minor on the internet and attempted indecent liberties. It was a sting operation. I was wondering how long he would have to serve in jail and what would happen when he gets out? I am pregnant and want to live with him still. Will i be able to?

Answered on: 5/28/07, 9:21 am by Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Internet sting operation

As to how long the accused may have to serve, this would be a question for his attorney and, numerous factors undoubtedly would play into this determination, including his prior criminal history(if any).

Quite frankly, the outlook would not be particularly good for one branded as a sexual predator in terms of one's opportunity for social advancement after his release from incarceration.

Once this person has served his time(if convicted)and is released, whether you then chose to live with him would be up to you.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314