Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Virginia

Do I have a case?

My professor has been treating me unfair since the beginning of the semester. Someone called his wife over the summer, and said he was sleeping with a student. He screamed and accused me of it at the beginning of the semester. I went to the program head, and he talked to him about it.

Now it's the end of the semester, and he has given me a ZERO in ''professionalism'' - a made up grade that's a combination of different things. He said the reason I received the grade is ''because I wore low-cut shirts on some occasions''. Is this a type of discrimination? Is there anything I can do about this?

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Re: Do I have a case?

Yes, it could be a kind of discrimination, but one that is not likely actionable under federal(or any other law).

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Virginia