Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

My16 year old son wants to change visitation we have had for years? He is having emotional issues and cuts himself. He wants to leave his dads house because of the issued they have and the fact they believe he cuts for fun of it and just wants to see blood. He is in therapy and his therapist agrees he needs to move in with me gull time. What can I do to get him with me as soon ad possible before he really harms hissself there? He calls me when he feels he wants to cut and I'm not sure I can just go get him.

Asked on 9/04/13, 1:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

So, file a motion with the court having jurisdiction over the custody/visitation

issues and request to amend the existing order in a manner that would be

likely tp persuade the court that such a change would be in the

best interests of your son.

Read more
Answered on 9/07/13, 8:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now