Legal Question in Immigration Law in Virginia

My question is regarding the documents required for US Citizen to obtain residency in the Dominician Republic. Do the birth certificates, marriage license, etc need to be apostilled in the state where the birth, marriage took place? OR, do I obtain "official" copies from the various states and then have them apostilled by my current state of residence?

Asked on 5/11/12, 6:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Why not ask the appropriate authorities in the Dominican Republic who are very likely to be in a better position to provide a reliable answer than anyone here in the U.S.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/12, 10:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now