Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Virginia

I live in an apartment building and pay 30 dollars each month for parking. My wife recently moved to another city for school and drove my car away with her. The car is still under my name but she is using it. Since I don't use the car any more, I want to cancel the parking. But the management office told me that I can't cancel it unless there's proof that the car has been sold out. What can I do to cancel the parking?

Asked on 10/30/13, 11:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to ask this management to provide you with

the legal authority for this requirement and then (if necessary) have an attorney review it who should then be able to advise you as to

any legal recourse that might be available to you in this matter.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/13, 8:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now