Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Virginia

We posted a pay or quit and our tenant moved out. However, they owe us a lot of back rent. Do we move forward with the eviction even though they have moved to get a judgement for money owed, or is there a different process to sue for the back rent?


Asked on 3/29/10, 7:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cary Moseley Law Office of Cary Powell Moseley, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Same process, you have possession but you may as well get a court order for it and your rent and any damages. Summons for Unlawful Detainer form may be found on Virginia Courts website. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/10, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now