Virginia  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/02/13, 7:20 am

I have a tenant who is requesting the following items, are these cosmetic issues required by Virginia law. Please see tenants notes below:

1. As you are aware, the floor boards were damage when I had that water leak. Although the repairman said there was "non-urgent damage" to the kitchen and hallway flooring, it appears that over time, the floorboards seemed to have contracted, I guess as the moisture has dried up. The boards have started to separate, leaving noticeable spacing between boards. Although still perhaps a non-urgent matter, it is unsightly, particularly the kitchen.

2. That same individual bathroom tile that was fixed I believe twice before has come loose yet again. Because its in the middle of the bathroom floor, you can feel it moving and hear it "cracking against the grout" every time it is walked on.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search