Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

we had entered into an agreement to purchase real property, paid a deposit and the transaction was never completed. how do we file a claim of lien in the commonwealth of virginia

Asked on 10/01/09, 9:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Well, why wasn't the transaction completed? If it was not due to any fault whatsoever on your part, you could sue the seller in your local small claims court for up to $5K for breach of contract.

Then, once you receive a judgment against this seller, you could record a lien against his real property in the circuit court in the city or county where the property is located.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/09, 10:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now