Virginia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/29/02, 12:23 pm

How can I have my name removed from a realestate loan of property awarded to my

In our divorce decree my wife was awarded our rental property, where she resides. The deed is in her name and the responsiblity of the note is hers. I would like my name removed from the loan but cannot without refinacing, she is unwilling to do this. I am inquiring because she has been slow to pay the loans and in an effort to keep my credit in good standing I have paid it the last two months. I'm concerned that she will continue this behavior. What are my alternatives?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search