Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Virginia

My employer is the owner of the buisness I am working at. He has been sexually harassing me by forcing me to sit on his lap and always hugging me he has even gone as far as making sexual comments towards me. I have asked him numerous times to stop and have also threatend him withpolice involvment. He always says sorry ans insists that he will stop but continues to do it. I cant afford to lose my job because of this. What do I do?

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Send him written notice(or have an attorney do it) that he must immediately cease and desist his sexual harassment of you which he continues to engage in despite your repeated requests that he stop and which is a violation of federal as well as state law. And, furthermore, if he decides to terminate

your employment after receiving this letter, it will be considered as prima

facie evidence that he has taken illegal retaliatory action against you for which he could incur further liability resulting from your attempt

to persuade him to cease and desist from this illegal and most inappropriate behaviour directed towards your person as his employee.

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Virginia

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms