Legal Question in Social Security Law in Virginia

My Mother owns a piece of property, she intends to live in but it is not livable she moved in with me six weeks ago, her long term boyfriend passed and should could not stay in his home. My husband and I are doing repairs on the property with intent of her living there but due to money it may take several months. Can this propery legal be a primary residence, asking as it concerns her SSI application.

Asked on 5/19/11, 10:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, if and when she actually takes up residence there.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/11, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now