Virginia  |  Social Security Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/27/11, 8:29 am

Social Security determined me disabled in January 2011. I have a minor child who I support. During my times I couldn't work, I wasn't able to pay child support but borrowed money from family so that I could provide support to my son. This was an arrangement between ex-wife and I that as long as I provided his needs, she wouldn't press the issue. Now, I have been awarded SSDI and back child support has been taken. I have been providing child support, keeping him during the summers to eliminate child care. I have receipts as well of all support I provided. Can I submit this Social Security to show that I did provide support to my son and receive credit for that? Please advise.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search