Legal Question in Traffic Law in Virginia

I bought a bicycle and then purchased a motor kit and mounted a 60cc motor onto my bicycle which allows me to either pedal like a normal bicycle or provides the option of using the motor at slightly accelerated speeds. I was wondering, am I required to own any kind of license to operate my bicycle when using the motor?

Asked on 7/09/13, 10:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Could be that whatever local and/or state regulations that may apply to

mopeds may also apply to your bicycle whenever it is in a motorized state

and being operated as such upon the public roads and/or by-ways. (my opinion).

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 11:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now