Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Virginia

How do I contest the proposed distribution of an estate?

I am named as the trustee and the sole remainder beneficiary of a testamentary trust created by a will that recently entered Virginia probate. The executor told me that I won't inherit because the gift lapsed due to the sole primary beneficiary of the trust predeceasing the testator. I know this wasn't the testator's intent to leave me out. I would like to contest the executor's distribution plan but don't know how and when to proceed. Also, since I live out of state, do I need a Virginia lawyer?

Asked on 5/25/13, 10:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, not only do you need a Virginia lawyer, but one who is appropriately

knowledgeable of and experienced with matters involving trusts and probate issues in general (in my opinion).

M.E. Hendrickson, Esq

Alexandria, Virginia 22314

Read more
Answered on 5/25/13, 10:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now