Washington  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/12/10, 12:17 pm

I filed for divorce one week ago and have not had my husband served yet. I would like to modify some parts of the proposal. In my original paperwork I asked for spousal maintenance but I have since changed my mind. Also, I would like to set up a whole new parenting plan which is different than the one I proposed last week. Can I modify the divorce before I have him served? If so, will it cost me anything?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/12/10, 4:12 pm by P. Jayson Thibodaux

Once you have paid for filing - there should be no additional fee when filing additional documents.

If you have not served the pleadings, you can amend the documents, file with the clerk, and serve the amended. Especially if you are going to seek a default based on what you have served. Make sure you note on the proof of service that the documents are the amended versions: Amended Proposed Parenting Plan.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of P. Jayson Thibodaux 116 Avenue A, Ste. B Snohomish, WA 98290

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search