Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Washington

The company i worked for, Pacific Cargo Services Llc filed bankrtuptcy chap 11. They were forced to sell on 7-23-13 and the effective date for the new company, Postal Express, was 7-25-13. So as employees we all found out on 7-30-13 that we are NOT GETTING PAID for 7-1 thru 7-24. ....... IS THIS LEGAL?.... i read an article online that said employee wages take precedence over other debtors i a chap 11 .. but that employees were not allowesd to try to collect ..... i don't k know what to do. All my co-workers are fili g wage complaint forms with l&i. What should i do?. What can i do.? That 3weeks of wages could put me and my family on the streets. ..... note we live and work in washington... company filed in oregon.

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty

There are many grounds to object to a Chapter 11 plan, which is prepared in a sefl serving way by attorneys for the company. http://www.absolutebankruptcy.org/Chapter_7_Objections.htm

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Washington

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms