Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

I am a citizen and my husband is a legal resident. We would like to petition for his younger sister (17 years old) to move to America. Is that possible? If so, what is the best way to go?

Asked on 2/11/13, 2:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your husband can petition his sister once he becomes a U.S. citizen. You cannot petition a sister in law.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/13, 2:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now