Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

I am a son of US citizen. I am currently in US and I have a valid B-2 tourist visa. I would like to obtain a Green Card. Please let me know if this is possible, how long it takes and if I can bring my spouse as well into US.

Asked on 2/25/13, 2:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is at least a 12-13 year wait for married sons of a US citizen parent to get his green card through the parent.

He could file for your petition now but it would not give you or your wife any right to remain in the US until the petition was approved and permanent residence granted.

You may find more information on immigrant visas on my web site at

Read more
Answered on 2/25/13, 2:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now