Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in India

This is regarding a land related case against Government of Karnataka at the Karnataka High Court. My lawyer filed a Writ Appeal in Nov 2017. The judgement on original Writ Petition asked GoK to investigate the matter within 6 months, which never happened.

After waiting for a year, my lawyer moved a memo asking for the case to be listed for hearing.

• The Final Hearing on the case was scheduled for 13th Feb 2019. The matter was listed as #62 on that day. Hearing on other cases went on till 5 PM and hearing on my case was adjourned.

• The same thing repeated when the case was listed for Final Hearing on 06/03/2019. It is now listed as Adjourned "2WKS" on the High Court website

I just want the appeal to be heard so that I can have a judgement or move on !

My lawyer is not sure when the matter will be listed again. Can I send a personal letter/appeal to the Registrar General of High Court requesting an early Final Hearing on the matter?

Asked on 3/16/19, 3:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajendra Arora Samadhan Consultants

Instead of sending a personal letter/appeal to the Registrar General of High Court, it will be appropriate that your Advocate through his staff can ensure to get it listed on or around next likely / scheduled date as the case has been adjourned for two weeks on the last hearing thus it is expected to be listed accordingly and next date will be visible on the Court's site online.

Yet for any reason or non follow up by the Advocate's staff, the case is not listed after two weeks, your advocate can file an application for early hearing of the case.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/19, 3:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in India